Come witness the testing of the EIGHT talented candidates seeking to enter the ranks of the Sergeantry of Aquaterra as Sergeant, Yeomen, Gallant, Courtier or Lancer.
Bring your weapons, armor, throwing weapons and pit yourself against the candidates whose dedication and hard training over the past nine months will be put to the test -- the infamously grueling 14+ hours of testing cover the areas of heraldry, geography, arts & sciences, gaming, dance, chivalry, the Court of Love, martial knowledge, and much more.
The site is the Stanwood-Camano Fairgrounds, 6431 Pioneer Hwy, Stanwood, WA 98292, and gate opens 3 pm on Friday, September 5. Site will close no later than 5 pm on Sunday, September 7.
Gate fee is $10 for adults and $5 for children/youth 6-16 (5 and under are free). RV sites are available at $10.00/day with Electrical hook-ups. Make checks payable to SCA, Inc - Barony of Aquaterra.
Opening court is Saturday, September 6 at 7:30 am (yes, that early!).
Sometime around 6 pm, we will have a potluck feast --
- period foods encouraged, but most important will be to keep things simple!
- bring portions for 6-8 people
- each person should make sure the dish is stored at appropriate temperature, heated/assembled/unwrapped, has a serving utensil, and has ingredients labeled.
- also be prepared to take your leftovers and/or garbage or dirty dishes away immediately after the feast.
- let's divide up the dishes by SCA first name (as registered, if your name is registered):
A-B: starch (bread, rice, pasta, etc)
C-G: protein (meat, poultry, fish, eggs, etc)
H-P: vegetables (cooked or raw)
(I've divided the alphabet in what might seem like odd groups -- we have lots of people whose names start with A and R!)
please email Crinoc what you're bringing, that way we can maybe adjust so we don't end up with 87 potato salads :-)
Pack out your trash.
Fires/candles subject to local burn bans (updated info will be posted by email).