Territorial Barons & Baronesses of An Tir
3rd Edition, May XXXIII/1998 (edits made 28-Nov-2012, and 15-May-2013)
Shire: established January 26 VIII/1974
Baronial status: approved by Board February 10 X/1976
Barony installed: March 27 X/1976
- Michael of Dragonswood & Alyanora of Vinca, March 7 X/1976 - May
- Ulfhedinn inn vegfarandi & Reginleif the Unruly, May 25 XV/1980
- May 27 XXV/1990.
- Yseult of Broceliande, May 27 XXV/1990 - May 30 XXVIII/1993.
- Steelwolf Blademaker and Annathea Yarnspinner, May 30 XXVIII/1993
- January 8 XXVIII/1994.
- Steelwolf Blademaker, January 8 XXVIII/1994 - September 3 XXIX/1994.
- Ambrosios Mavrorothakis and Marian Staarveld, September 3 XXIX/1994
- September 9 XXXVI/2001.
- Simone Nicholls and Charlotte Nicholls, September 9 XXXVI/2001 - May
- Charlotte Nicholls, May 24 XXXVIII/2003 - March 19 XXXIX/2005
- Brutus Solamon and Katerine Martel, March 19 XXXIX/2005 - May 24 XXXXIII/2008
- Tadhg O'Murchadha the Wanderer and Morrghan O'Siodhachain,
May 24 XXXXIII/2008 - Current
Baronial status: September 1 XXXI/1996
- Julian Edward Farnsworth of Falconmoors and Arianne of Falconmoors, September
1 XXXI/1996 - January 25 XXXVII/2003.
- Andrew the Reckless Ormain and Fiamma the Unquenchable, January 25 XXXVII/2003
- January 28 XXXX/2006.
- Wyll Hauk and Rosamund of the Misty Meadows, January 28 XXXX/2006 - current.
Blatha an Oir
- Micheil MacGhillebrath of Dunmaglas and Rowen O'Ceallachain of Muscraidhe,
July 9 XVIII/1983 - August 16 XXI/1986.
- Rowen O'Ceallachain of Muscraidhe, August 16 XXI/1986 - October 17
- Josef de Gonneville and Rowen O'Ceallachain of Muscraidhe, October 17 XXII/1987
- October 15 XXIII/1988.
- Rowen O'Ceallachain of Muscraidhe, October 15 XXIII/1988 - June 30
- Cairbrae poc Airgead and Rowen O'Ceallachain of Muscraidhe, June 30 XXIV/1989
- January 11 XXVI/1992.
- Artimis de Montessori and Isabeau de Lis Noir, January 11 XXVI/1992
- January 1 XXVIII/1994.
- Isabeau de Lis Noir, January 1 XXVIII/1994 - January 10 XXIX/1995.
- Yusef Ja'bar al Timbuktuwwi el calot and Isabeau de Lis Noir, January 10
XXIX/1995 - September 15 XXXVI/2001
- Sven Red Beard Einarson and Anne of BearsHaven, September 15 XXXVI/2001
- September 8, XXXXII/2007
- Sir Aleksii Konstantinovich and Chernoi and Baroness Elspeth nic Grath, September 8, XXXXII/2007 - current
Baronial status: September 2 XIX/1984
Dissolved: February 7 XXXVIII/2004
Barional status: November 26 XXXX/2005
- Conrad von Graz and Cristiona of Ulidia, September 2 XIX/1984 - June
- Rorik Gunnarsson and Helena of Birka, June 5 XXVIII/1993 - January
- Rorik Gunnarsson, January 8 XXVIII/1994 - May 7 XXIX/1994.
Rorik and Helena were invested as heirs to the Baronial throne at May Crown,
XXVIII/1993. They also became Prince and Princess of An Tir at the same event
and put the barony under the care of stewards for the duration of their reign.
Helena stepped down as Baroness after Twelfth Night XXVIII/1994, Rorik stepped
down just before May Crown XXIX/1994.
- Alfhiem der Wundersman and Adeline von Schwarzwad, November 19 XXIX/1994
- April 17 XXXIII/1999.
- John McLeod the Black and Kirstin MacBheath, April 17 XXXIII/1999
- February 24 XXXV/2001.
- Magnus the Hunter and Sidonia Dokianos, February 24 XXXV/2001 - January
On February 7, 2004, the Barony of Borealis (then comprising of all northern
Alberta branches) was dissolved, and the separate Shires of Vatnsdalr (Edmonton),
Bordergate (Cold Lake) and Vinjar (Grande Prairie) were created. On July 17,
2004, the Shire of Vatnsdalr was officially renamed the Shire of Borealis by
the SCA Inc. Board of Directors. On November, 26, 2005, Borealis resumed Baronial
- Vik Vikingsson and Inga the Unfettered Nov 26, XXXX/2005 through Jun 18 XXXXVI/2011
- Remee the Burgundian Divera della Cava Jun 18 XXXXVI/2011 - Current
Shire status: January 16 XVI/1982 (First shire created in new Kingdom of An
Barony status: June 3 XXX/1995 (King Tjorkill and Queen Elowyn)
- James Douglass MacDougal and Maria Isabella de Cordoba, June 3 XXX/1995
- September 30 XXXI/1996.
- Maria Isabella de Cordoba September 30 XXXI/1996 - March 10 XXXII/1998
- Viceroys: Artimis de Montessori and Laurellen de Brandevin, unknown
- July 17 XXXIV/1999.
- Jacques Louis de Normandie and Siobhan Ruadh ni Mhathghamhna, July 17 XXXIV/1999
- May 17 XXXV/2000.
- Viceroys: Artimis de Montessori and Laurellen de Brandevin, May 17
XXXV/2000 - September 2 XXXV/2000.
- Hrollaug Nilsen and Murakami Tsuruko, September 2 XXXV/2000 - January 14
- Cedric Wlfraven and Brighid Ross, January 14 XXXX/2006 through November 13 XXXXV/2010.
- Arontius of Bygelswade and Laurellen de Brandevin Nov 13 XXXXV/2010 - Current
Baronial status: September 24, 2011/XXXXVI
- Refr orðlokarr Fiachson and Svava in litla - September 24, 2011 - Current
Created as the incipient Shire of Evercleare - May XVI/1981
Shire status: July10 XVII/1982
Changed name to Glymm Mere: March XXII/1988
Baronial status: January 9 XXVII/1993
- Richard Fergus Fitzalan and Gwendolyn Fitzalan, January 9 XXVII/1993
- February 4 XXIX/1995
- David of Moffat and Sancia Lafond Freyser de Cameron, February 4 XXIX/1995
- May 2 XXXIII/1998
- Walter of Minstead and Catriona nic Thearlaigh, May 2 XXXIII/1998
- January 12 XXXVI/2002
- Aric McBride and Rhonwen McBride, January 12 XXXVI/2002 - May XXXX/2005
- Wolfgang Von Bremen and Juliana McPherson, May XXXX/2005 - May XXXXIII/2008
- Godric ap Rhys and Kara of St. Davids, May XXXXIII/2008 - May XXXXVI/2011
- Johann Matheusson and Francisca de Montoya May 14, XXXXVI/2011 - present
Organizational meeting - December VIII/1973
First event - May 21 IX/1974
Michel le Voyager/Susan the Opaque, Baron and Baroness designates resign - May
Created Barony: June 8 XI/1976
- Gerhard Kendal of Westmoreland and Amanda Kendal of Westmoreland, June
8 XI/1976 - September 7 XXXVII/2002.
- Harold Devin of Waltham and Aurora Argentius, September 7 XXXVII/2002 through Jan 12, XXXXII/2008.
- Caitrin ni Cingeadh and Griffin ap Bedwyr Jan 12, XXXXII/2001 through Nov 6, XXXXV/2010.
- James Wolfden and Margaret Hamilton of Stirlingshire Nov 6, 2010 XXXXV/2010 - Current.
First event May 3 V/1970, in Olympia.
Baronial Tourney (with 3M) June 20 V/1970.
Created barony: by Paul and Carol of West Kingdom in July VIII/1973. (Three
Mountains became a barony same day.)
- Raymond the Mild and Sheen of Eire, May 3 V/1970 - September 8 IX/1974.
(Raymond may have served by himself for a while.)
- Castellan: Liam of the Barque (Oct VII/1972).
- Liam of the Barque and Dierdre Muldomnaigh, September 8 IX/1974 -
February 12 XI/1977.
- Theodulf of Borogrove and Anne of Caerdydd, February 12 XI/1977 -
November 3 XIX/1984.
- Frederick the Red of Swansea and Delane the Forgotten, November 3 XIX/1984
- July 19 XXI/1986.
- Lee of the Lowlands and Crystall the Unquenched (Both changed their names
during their tenure and became: Vladimir and Anastasia Aleksandrovna Andreeva),
July 19 XXI/1986 - June 12 XXIX/1994.
- Castellan: Viscountess Fiona di Varanus.
- Trahaearn ap Ieuan and Jane Lynn of Fenmere, January 7 XXIX/1995 -
January 9 XXXIII/1999.
- Timothy ap Caradoc and Tierzah nic Cathal, January 9 XXXIII/1999 - January
- Fiach CuCool Feardri Ulfredsson and Anne-Marie d'Ailleurs, January 12 XXXVI/2002
through Jun 19, XXXIX/2004.
- Bergdis Thorgrimsdottir Ragnarr Thorwaldsson June 19, XXXIX/2004 through September 25, 2010 (AS XXXXV/2010
- Edward Cire of Greymoor Elisabeth de Rossignol September 25, 2010 XXXXV/2010 - Current
Created Shire: probably XIV or XV/1980 (Petition sent to Board Feb XIV/1980)
Created Barony: January 11 XX/1986
- Edward Ross and Laurel Venustas di Firenze, January 11 XX/1986 - January
- Thorvald Grimsson and Enid ferch Rhodri, January 16 XXVII/1993 - January
- Ilka of Toftgaard and Leena Steinstriker, January 20 XXX/1996 - March
19 and 20 respectively XXX/1996.
- Thorwulf Bjornsson and Sapphira of Sherwood, January 29 XXXI/1996
- January 23 XXXIII/1999.
- Haldan Eastborn and Cattea the Studious, January 23 XXXIII/1999 - January
- Thorwulf Bjornsson and Sine Peregrina, January 19 XXXVI/2002 - January
- Castellan - Thorvald Grimsson, January 7 XXXVIII/2004 - June 5 XXXIX/2004
- Malabar Membro Spaccata and Hero the Responsible, June 5 XXXIX/2004 - January
- Beothuk of the Beothuks and Wilma the Still, January 20 XXXXI/2007 - current
Originally a branch of the Middle Kingdom, Saskatchewan as a whole was
transferred to An Tir in AS XXIII. (Final negotiations took place at Pennsic
XVII in Aug XXIII/1988, ratified at the next Board Meeting, and announced in An
Tir at Twelfth Night, 14 Jan XXIII/1989.)
Myrgan Wood had been a barony in the Middle but had reverted to shire status
about a year before it became part of An Tir.
Barony status restored: 15 Oct XXIX/1994 by Rorik II and Berengaria I at the group's
15th Anniversary event.
- Geoffrey of Cyrtenham, baron during Middle Kingdom period.
- Gareth Bydaweyr and Roweyna the Rebellious, October 15 XXIX/1994 - October
- Karl Alexander Ross and Eve de Lacy de Sang, October 1 XXXII/1997 - August
- Taras of Kiev and Bianca Isabella Verdi, August 22 XXXIII/1998 - February
- Raoul Delaroche and Roxanne Delaroche, October 7 XXXV/2000 - January XXXIX/2005
- Ferghail & Catriona McManus, January XXXIX/2005 - January XXXX/2006
- Dietrich von Kleeve and Helene Charesse, January XXXX/2006 - October XXXXIII/2008
- Grimolfr Grjotgardsson and Dezzrianne Dragnova doch', October XXXXIII/2008 - present
Created a shire: 1 May XII/1977
Created a barony: July Coronation XXXIII/1998
- Uilleam mac Alan vic Hamish (aka William the Mariner) and Theocharista
Irena Diaconia (original name - Riognach of Ruantallan), July XXXIII/1998
- January 13 XXXV/2001
- Liam mac Diarmuid MacNessa and Nadhezdha Toranova, January 13 XXXV/2001
- January 10 XXXVIII/2004
- James Llewellyn ap Gruffyd and Tangwystl verch Glyn (known as Glynis),
January 10 XXXVIII/2004 - April 12, XXXXII/2008
- Ming Lum Pee and Elina Karsdottir, April 12 XXXXII/2008 - present
Created a shire: when?
Created a barony: Twelfth Night Coronation, January 9 XXXIV/2000
- Tiernan Dal Cais and Miranda Faoltiarna, January 9 XXXIV/2000 - January
- Rognvaldr Bassi and Isrið in glaða, January 11 XXXVII/2003 -
through Oct 2, XXXX/2005.
- Isolda Throkmorton de Foxley and Raul Ladvenue Jan 14, XXXX/2006 through Jan 13, XXXXI2007.
- Amice de Chattion and Arnsbjorn Tiernanson CuRigh Jun 9, XXXXII2007 through May 29, XXXXV/2010.
- Reginleif in harfagra and Miranda Faoltiarna and Tiernan mor dal Cais May 29, XXXXV/2010 - through May 29, XXXXV/2010.
- Miranda Faoltiarna and Tiernan mor dal Cais May 29, 2010 XXXXV/2010 - Current.
Started as a canton of Three Mountains.
Created a shire: (about May Crown XXII/1987)
Created a barony: (May Crown XXVII/1992)
- Cesare the Merchant and Astrid of Flanders, May 16 XXVII/1992 - September
- William Percival and Elspeth of Wyre Forest, September 2 XXXV/2000 - December
- Gawin of Kevelioc and Marianna ferch Orla, December 13 XXXVIII/2003 - January
- Roland von Bern and Emma von Bern, April 28 XXXXI/2007 through Febuary 26, XXXXV/2011.
- Michael of Terra Pomeria and Francesca Maria Volpelli Feb 26, 2011 XXXXV/2011 - Current.
Created barony by Paul and Carol of West Kingdom in July VIII/1973. (Madrone became
a barony same day.)
- Frederic of the West Tower and Anne of the White Tower - (some time before
January 16, 1982, the day An Tir became a Kingdom.) July 1 VIII/1973? - December
- Frederic of the West Tower
Anne ceased being Baroness some time before Frederic stepped down. (mid-1970's,
almost certainly before 1977)
- Dietrich von Kriegsheldenburg and Amelung - (some time before January 16,
1982, the day An Tir became a Kingdom.) December 31 XI/1976? - December 31
- Frederic of the West Tower and Daisy (a stuffed sheep)
An 'emergency measure' from the Board when Dietrich and Amelung stepped
down suddenly. December 31 XIV/1979? - January 16 XVI/1982
- Ludwig von Lemminghaus and Aislinn of Cumbria, January 16 XVI/1982
- December 14 XX/1985.
- Steingrim Wulfaresson Stellari and Lenora di Felicie, August 3 XXI/1986
- October 30 XXIII/1988.
- Roger Fitzlyon and Morag Campbell of Glenbourne, October 30 XXIII/1988
- January 4 XXVI/1992.
- Tjorkill Kanne and Hlutwige Wolfkiller, January 4 XXVI/1992 - November
- Manfred Kriegstreiber and Eadgytha Maude de Saintonge, November 1 XXVII/1992
- January 8 XXVIII/1994.
- Eadgytha Maude de Saintonge, January 8 XXVIII/1994 - June 4 XXIX/1994.
- Viceroys Master Artemis de Montessori and Duke Tjorkill Kanne.
- Andvari Ulfing (aka Ataias Elutherios) and Hlutwige Wolfkiller, January
7 XXIX/1995 - January 9 XXXIII/1999
- Gwilym Moore de Montfort and Elizabeth Llandaff, January 9 XXXIII/1999
- July 19 XXXVIII/2003
- Titus Anthonius Archelaus and Kateline MacFarlane, July 19 XXXVIII/2003
- December XXXXI/2006
- Alfric Rolfson and Jill Blackhorse, December XXXXI/2006 - present
Shire established: 1980
Created a barony: July 16 XXXX/2005
- Rolf Longbow and Ashley Longbow, September 3 XXXX/2005 - July 12 XXXXIII/2008
- Shannon O'Duncan and Regina O'Duncan, July 12 XXXXIII/2008 - current.
- Dyon de Mantel and Catriona of Rathcroghan, December 31 XVI/1981? - September
- Ulrik Grimwolf de Montazure and Meghan Oakendottir, September 4 XXXIV/1999
- May 21 XXXIX/2005
- Arthur Greene of Deerhurst and Rowena Kincaid, May 21 XXXIX/2005 through July 19, XXXXIII/2008
- Dagrun Stjarna and Styrkarr Jarlsskald July 19, XXXXIII/2008 - Current
Created a barony: July 8 XXX/1995
- Balthazar the Quiet and Olivia Visconti, July 8 XXX/1995 - May 30 XXXIII/1998
- Brandt Sturrock and Kelta bri Leith, May 30 XXXIII/1998 - November 6 XXXIX/2004
- Fergus Sturrock and Renata von Silverhart, November 6 XXXIX/2004 through November 24, XXXXII/2007
- Caieth of Umber and Araviere Isobelle Magdaleine de St. Etienne Nov 24, XXXXII/2007 - Current.